Diagnostic Criteria For Migraine Without Aura
- At least 5 attacks.
- Duration 4-72 hours.
- Two of the following 4 criteria: unilateral, pulsating, moderate to severe intensity, worsening with routine physical activity, especially bending over.
- At least 1 of the following: nausea and / or vomiting, photophobia and phonophobia.
Diagnostic Criteria For Migraine With Aura
- At least 2 attacks.
- One or more of the following reversible aura symptoms: visual, sensory, speech and / or language, motor, brainstem, retinal.
- At least 2 of the following 4:
- If 2 or more aura symptoms, gradual spread over greater than 5 minutes or occurring in succession.
- Each aura symptom lasting 5-60 minutes.
- At least 1 aura symptom is unilateral.
- The aura is accompanied by or followed within 60 minutes by headache.